Please take in the following article and videos and then address the questions:
- Read the article on our website about Woody Allen.
- Watch the short documentary of “Woody Allen: Reinvents the Romantic Comedy”, (6:00 minutes)
- Watch “How to Introduce a Character: Woody Allen Style,” (7:53)
- Watch Screenwriter Andrew Stanton (Toy Story, Wall-E, Finding Nemo, A Bugs Life, Finding Dory) talks about “The Clues to Great Story” (18:12)
- Watch first (1:27) of “The Art and Craft of Dialogue Writing” with Karl Iglesias.”
Address the following questions and respond in the reply/respond section at the bottom:
- What do you find most interesting or intriguing about Woody Allen? Explain why.
- After watching the videos on story, character and dialogue – offer two to three points you feel are most worthy in understanding the “power of story” or the “importance of character.” Defend your answers.