Award Winning Filmmakers 1.26.17 (Assignment due 2.1.17 by noon)
- Watch one of the following films and write an evaluation using the evaluation guideline.
- This aw-filmmakers-evaluation-rubric is how I will be addressing your grades.
- Look for the following Woody Allen themes and trademarks:
- Woody Allen serving as writer, director, producer, and/or actor.
- Themes of relationship conflicts, conflicts defeating the characters, human failures, neurotic tendencies, self-deprecating humor.
- Backdrop of New York or foreign destinations.
- Period films.
- Quirky characters and situations.
- Strong female lead.
- Quick paced, witty, and organic-feeling dialogue.
- Fake Documentaries.
- Works with the same talent on numerous films (you should do research here).
Woody Allen Films for consideration
Take the Money and Run (1969)
Love and Death (1975)
Annie Hall (1977)
Broadway Danny Rose (1984)
The Purple Rose of Cairo (1985)
Hannah and her Sisters (1986)
Radio Days (1987)
Crimes and Misdemeanors (1989)
Husbands and Wives (1992)
Mighty Aphrodite (1995)
Sweet and Lowdown (1999)
Match Point (2005)
Vicky Cristina Barcelona (2008)
Midnight in Paris (2011)
Blue Jasmine (2013)
Magic in the Moonlight (2014)
Irrational Man (2015)