ONLINE POST DUE: Tuesday, Feb. 7 by noon – Read the following linked articles and watch the linked videos on Martin Scorsese and Francis Ford Coppola and address the questions. Post your responses in the “reply” section at the bottom of this page.
Martin Scorsese: An Iconic Life – Biography and short documentary (1:12)
Martin Scorsese: Understanding Immigrant Heritage – A snapshot biography http://www.lifetimetv.co.uk/biography/biography-martin-scorsese
Supplemental Reading on Scorsese– (not required):
85 Films That Will Change the Way You Understand Filmmaking: Martin Scorsese
Video: Martin Scorsese: The Art of Silence – (6:08) – **beware of language and violence
Video: Interview with Martin Scorsese: Dinner for Five (32:28)
Martin Scorsese response questions (Due noon Feb. 7):
- Identify something about Martin Scorsese (from his biography or video pieces) that you found interesting? Why? Your post should not reflect the same thing someone else posts (unless you can expand upon the thoughts presented).
- How do you think that your approach to evaluating music/silence in film will change after understanding the Scorsese approach to it?
Read one of the following:
Francis Ford Coppola: A Family Affair – Biography
Francis Ford Coppola: I Make Movies – Biography
Video: Behind the Works: Francis Ford Coppola (12 minutes)
Video: Coppola Talks Sound (4:32)
Francis Ford Coppola response questions:
- What interested you most about Francis Ford Coppola (from his biography or video pieces)? Why? Your post should not reflect the same thing someone else posts (unless you can expand upon the thoughts presented).
- What was most fascinating to you about his “Sound Studio” and his approach to sound design, and how can that help you explore evaluating sound in future films? Explain.
- What similarities did you find between these two filmmakers?
Respond to both the Scorsese and Francis Ford Coppola questions below. MAKE SURE YOU SIGN YOUR NAME at the end of your post.Your post should also be original and not a rehash of what another student has written.