Read the Alfonson Cuaron article “The Filmmation Immigration” on our site, and watch the trailers and director commentaries on that same page. You also need to listed to the podcast interview of Oscar-winning composer for “Gravity” Steven Price also located on that same page.
Address any (3) three following questions at in the reply/response section at the bottom of this page. You are also welcome to respond to any of your classmates’ responses as well if you’d like. You should first attempt to answer an unanswered question before covering one another student has already addressed.
This is due by noon on Feb. 21.
- What impressed you or intrigued you about Steven Price and his approach to composing?
- Based on the interviews and article on Alfonson Cuaron, what do you think inspires him towards creating film as art? Why?
- What interests you the most about Alfonson Cuaron and his stylistic approach to filmmaking? Why?
- How were Steven Price & Alfonson Cuaron able to merge musical score and sound design into a seamless blend?
- Alfonson Cuaron has created films for children and strictly adult audiences, and has been successful with both. Based on the readings and interviews, why is that true? Explain.
- Alfonson Cuaron broke new ground in Gravity & Children of Men, explain how that has paved the way for others (through technology & acting).
- What fascinated you about Alfonson Cuaron and his international success? Why?
- Based on your observations from the readings and videos, where do you feel that Alfonson Cuaron will find the most future success? Why?
- Where do you feel that Alfonson Cuaron’s style, approach and moral themes connect the most with previous filmmakers we’ve explored? Why?
- For Alfonson Cuaron –he has discovered a unique combination of movie art and movie science. Defend why that statement is true (with examples).