ONLINE POST DUE: March 7 at noon:
Please read the following biography links on Cameron Crowe and watch the interview links about Cameron Crowe’s first Oscar win and his director’s commentary on the film Almost Famous. You also have two film critics reflecting on the life and film’s of Crowe. Answer any two of the following questions:
1. What did you find most interesting about the life of Cameron Crowe? Why?
2. Two part question – What was most interesting about his “Almost Famous” experiences? A. His Oscar win B. the real-story behind the story
3. Where does Crowe find inspiration for his stories. How can that help you when writing or exploring, or sharing your life with others?
4. Compare Crowe to any other filmmaker we’ve explored and share similarities you find in filmmaking, directing or writing.
5. How has Crowe’s love of music continued to shine through his films. Give examples.
6. Crowe’s life has been filled with much more than feature filmmaking. He’s also been a journalist and documentary producer. How do those three things connect, and how can they complement each other? Give examples from the readings or videos.
7. Based on his body of work, where do you feel that Crowe is at his best? Where do you think “he feels” he is at his best? Explain.
9. Crowe has not always found success at the box-office (or with critics) -what motivates him forward when success doesn’t allow. Explain.
Cameron Crowe talks about winning an Oscar:
Crowe talks about the Oscar-winning film “Almost Famous”
Film Critics talk about Cameron Crowe, his life and his films (Profiles with Malone and Mantz)